Wings of AJK Finance Department
FUNCTIONS OF BUDGET WING
- Preparation of Annual budget.
- Proposal of additional funds.
- Release of salary/non-salary grants.
- Assistance Package
- Public Accounts Committee
- Departmental Accounts Committees.
- Loan and advances / Write off loans/losses.
- Ways and means clearance.
- Reconciliation of accounts.
- Budget proposals of autonomous bodies.
- Release of funds from Federal Govt./Kashmir Council/WAPDA
- Supervision & control of Govt. finances.
FUNCTIONS OF REGULATIONS WING
- Delegation of financial power rules.
- Up-gradation of posts.
- Change of nomenclature of posts.
- Counting of previous service/condonation of gap/deficiency in service.
- Extraordinary family pension.
- Additional/current charge allowance/duty allowance.
- Examination of proposals for imposition, increase or reduction of taxes.
- Finance bill.
- Legal matters (writ petitions etc.).
- Framing and interpretation of financial rules.
- Issuance of financial sanctions.
- Opinion to other Departments in financial rules / regulations
FUNCTIONS OF EXPENDITURE WING
- Creation of new posts.
- Establishment/Up-gradation of Institutions.
- Re-appropriation of funds.
- Medical treatment charges/advance drawls.
- Creation of supernumerary posts
- Matters related to Cooperative Department.
- Local Funds Audit.
FUNCTIONS OF DEVELOPMENT WING
- Release of funds for development projects/schemes of Nation Building Departments and Autonomous Bodies.
- Creation and renewal of development posts.
- Appropriation and Re-appropriation of development funds.
- Supervision and inspection of development schemes.
- Scrutiny of PC-I, PC-II, PC-III, PC-IV & PC-V.
- Representation in pre-DWP, AK-DWP, AK-CDC, negotiation Committees, SERRA ,DRU and DRAC.
- Representation of Finance Department in other development fora.
- Central Purchase Committee (CPC).
FUNCTIONS OF Information Technology WING
- I.T section provides technical assistance to all the wings of the Finance Department which include:
- Hardware & Software
- Provision of accessories
- Technical manpower in case of special assignments etc.
- Preparation of annual budget of GOAJK and its implementation in SAP System
- Preparation of routine and on demand reports/statements for Management.
- Maintaining of:
- Daily Cash Balance position
- Monthly Govt. Account
- Budget Control Register (BCR) etc.
- Implementation of all releases, additional funds, re-appropriations etc. in SAP System
- Creation of New DDO in SAP system
- Implementation of New Chart of Accounts (CoA) i.e. A scheme in which certain codes are assigned to various accounts found in a financial system.